- In 2018, signed agreement on preserving forest uses as part of CSR activities in the area of environmental preservation.
Social Contribution Activities
Founded on the concepts of coexistence, consideration for others, and nurturing of the next generation, the SCREEN Group carries out social contribution activities in five areas: Science and Education, Social Welfare, Sports and Culture, Environmental Conservation, and Community Contribution.
- Since 2018, participating in the Kyoto Life and Culture Collaborative Rejuvenation Project promoted by the City of Kyoto. Under a three-year plan, we are promoting cultivation of endangered rare plants by planting garden beds at our Head Office location (in Kyoto).
- Since 2016, we have been a sponsor of the Kyoto Municipal zoo as a feed sponsor.
- Since 2016, we have sponsored renovation at the Lake Biwa Museum.
Support for Science and education
- Since 2009, we have sponsored the Kyoto Manufacturing Hall of Fame and Manufacturing Workshop Learning, and hold school visits for elementary school students. In fiscal 2019, 501 elementary school students from 11 schools participated.
- Since 2010, we have welcomed company visits at our Site by high school students with an interest in science from countries around the world and who are attending the Japan Super Science Fair.
- We signed a “comprehensive regional revitalization cooperation agreement” as part of efforts to become a world-leading and vibrant city by collaborating with Kyoto Prefecture.
- We have signed a comprehensive cooperation agreement with the Kyoto University of Advanced Science to foster and nurture “world-class human resources from Kyoto”.
- We cooperated with the special Kansai SDGs Forum class sponsored by the Kansai University Senior High School.
- We attended the corporate CSR practice exercise at Ryukoku University and engaged students in dialog.
- Since 2015, SCREEN Semiconductor Solutions has been a sponsor of the FIRST Robotics Competition, a high school robotics competition in the US.
- Since 2009, we have sponsored the Kyoto Manufacturing Hall of Fame and Manufacturing Workshop Learning, and hold school visits for elementary school students.
- Since 2016, we have set up a booth at the Toy Contest Grand Prix in Kyoto where participants can have fun while learning how printing works.
- Our head office gave company tours to high school students (from Okayama Prefecture, Tochigi Prefecture, and Kyoto Prefecture).
- The Hikone Plant cooperated to allow the 'Junior IT School Advanced Factory Tour', sponsored by the Hikone Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
- The Hikone Plant gave high school students a tour of its facilities.
- Our Monzen-nakacho Site (White Canvas MON-NAKA) has worked with nearby elementary schools to provide school visits for third graders since 2012.
- We are a sponsor of the Museum of Astronomical Telescopes that preserves and displays valuable astronomical telescopes.
- We collaborate with the PHP Compassion Campaign to collect and forward used postage stamps.
Sports and Culture
- We cooperated in creating replicas of katazome (stencil dyeing) artwork displayed at the commemorative exhibition for the APEC Summit held in Vietnam in October 2017.
- We are supporting creative activities by displaying artwork in the lobbies of our Head Office and Rakusai Site done by artists belonging to Tensai-Art KYOTO, a non-profit research organization promoting art by people with disabilities.
- Since 2019, we have been supporting the Kyoto Purple Sanga professional soccer team’s community outreach activities, which include sending the team’s coaches to hold soccer classes at elementary schools.
- Since 2019, we have been sponsoring the Kyoto Football Association.
- Since 2018, we have been a sponsor of the museum partner system of the Kyoto National Museum.
- Our employees volunteer at the annual Kyoto Marathon.
- Sponsor of the Kyoto Ladies Open since 2014.
- The SCREEN Group conducts regular cleanups around each of our facilities.
- Since 1990, our Hikone Plant has been working with local residents to clean up the Ota River, which flows in front of the facility.
- Employees of our Yasu Plant participate as volunteers in the Yasu City “Operation Zero Garbage” in Yasu City.
- Since 2014, we have participated as volunteers in the Gion Festival “Operation Zero Garbage.”
- Since 1985, we have participated as volunteer “float pullers” in the grand procession of floats in the Gion Festival.
- Once a month, during lunch breaks, cookies and miscellaneous goods made at disabled employment support facilities are sold at the HeadOffice, Hikone Plant, and Nishikyogoku site.
- At Inca Digital Printers, employees participate in various fundraising events and donate to charitable organizations.
- Since 2010, we have co-sponsored “Table For Two” activities, where delivers a school lunch to children in developing countries. Since 2010, we have provided a total of more than 160,000 meals.