Confirmed Cases of COVID-19 at European Subsidiaries
On March 24 (local time), an employee of our European subsidiary SCREEN SPE Israel Ltd. (Israel), and a contracted vendor staff member working on the premises of SCREEN SPE Ireland Ltd. (Ireland) were confirmed to have contracted the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). In response, we have taken the following actions in cooperation with local authorities to prevent the spread of the virus from infected persons and close contacts.
- We required employees who were working on the same floor and those who may have been in close contact with the above-mentioned individuals to work from home or quarantine themselves for 14 days.
- We have monitored the health of the above-mentioned employees and requested that they report on the progress of their symptoms.
- We have requested the people who were in close contact with the individuals to submit a record of what they have been doing for the past 14 days.
- We have investigated our business partners who may have been in close contact.
- We have temporarily closed our service bases in European countries and implemented deep cleaning by specialists.
On January 24, the Company established a Disaster Response Headquarters, headed by Toshio Hiroe, President and CEO, and we have been working to gather information, check on our employees’ health and take preventive measures.
The safety of our clients and employees as well as prevention of infections inside and outside the company are of utmost importance to us. We will work appropriately in cooperation with authorities in Japan and other countries. We ask all related parties for their kind understanding and cooperation in these matters.
Contact about this News
SCREEN Holdings Co., Ltd.
Tel: +81-75-414-7131 Fax: +81-75-431-6500
Information contained in the news release are current on the date of publication, but may be subject to change without notice.